Everything you need to know about Armenia visa
European Union nationals, including citizens of the United Kingdom do not need
a visa to enter Armenia. Citizens of these countries can enter and stay inside
Armenia without a visa for 180 days. Recently, Armenian authorities have confirmed
that British citizens can stay in Armenia for 180 days without a visa even if
the UK leaves EU.
though UK citizens do not need visa to enter Armenia, they should make sure
that they are meeting the below-mentioned criteria while traveling to the country.
- The foreign national should
make sure that the validity of his or her passport is not less than six months.
The passport should also have two blank pages.
- While entering Armenia, the UK
citizen should make sure that he or she has proofs of sufficient funds.
- It is also necessary to hold
tickets of onward/return tickets.
- The foreign national should
hold documents that detail the nature and purpose of his trip.
- It is also necessary to
confirm with your airline that boarding without a visa is possible, as these
conditions may change without any prior notice.
find below more details about Armenia visas and the ways in which other foreign
nationals can obtain these travel documents to visit the country.
can a foreign national obtain an Armenia e-visa?
foreign national can obtain either an e-visa or regular visa to enter the
country. Obtaining an e-visa is undoubtedly the easiest way to visit Armenia.
All the visa application steps to obtain an e-visa can be completed online, and
there is no need to visit the Armenian embassy. You can also avail the services
of entrusted agencies like Visa Genie to get an Armenia e-tourist and e-business
scroll down to know about the copies of documents that should be submitted to
get an Armenia e-tourist and e-business visas.
- The passport of the foreign
national should have six months validity, and it should have two blank
- A soft copy of the passport should
be submitted. Please make sure that the photograph should be taken within
the last three months.
- The applicant should submit details
about his occupation and financial source. The visitor should also make
sure that he or she has sufficient financial health to support the stay in
- It is necessary to provide proof
of travel arrangements, and it can be copies of onward/return tickets.
- The foreign national should
provide proof of accommodation during his or her stay in Armenia.
- If applying for an e-business
visa, the foreign national should submit an invitation from the Armenian
entity or company.
- If available, the traveler can
submit a copy of overseas travel insurance.
- The visa application form
should be completed without any errors. There are several previous instances
where foreign nationals were denied visa due to errors in application
form. So, make sure that you are availing the service of entrusted
agencies like Visa Genie to get the electronic travel authorization
without any hassles.
The validity of an Armenia tourist visa ranges from 90 to 180 days. Both these
visas offer single entry privilege to foreign nationals. Using a 90-day valid
tourist visa, a foreign national can stay in the country for a maximum period
of 21 days per entry. For 180 days e-tourist visa, the maximum stay duration
per entry is 120 days.
Armenia regular tourist visa
Foreign nationals and citizens of foreign countries living in the United Kingdom can obtain a regular tourist visa to enter the country for tourism purposes.
Please find below the documents needed to get a regular tourist visa.
- It is necessary to submit the passport of the applicant which has at least six months validity and one blank page.
- The passport of the photograph should be submitted, and it should have a white background. Please make sure that the photograph is taken within the last six months, and it should provide the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head with the face centered in the middle.
- The applicant should submit the proof of his or her residence in the United Kingdom.
- The traveler should submit copy of onward/return tickets. The foreign national should make sure that his or her name is mentioned in these tickets.
- The applicant should submit the proof of hotel reservation tickets.
- The traveler should submit an invitation from Armenia. It should be noted that this invitation should be issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Note: Armenia provides both single entry and double entry visas to foreign nationals. Single entry tourist visas offer one-year validity, and travelers can either chose 120 days per entry or 21 days per entry as per their requirements. The validity of multiple entry tourist visa is 6 months, and applicants can stay in Armenia for a maximum period of 60 days per entry using these visas.
Armenia regular business visa
Foreign nationals who plan to visit Armenia for business-related activities can apply for regular business visas. These business visas offer both single entry and multiple entry privilege for foreign nationals.
Single entry visas offer one year and six months validity. Using a one year valid single entry visa, a foreign national can stay in the country for a maximum period of 120 days per entry, while six month valid single entry visas allow foreign nationals to stay inside the country for 21 days. Multiple entry visas have six months validity, and the maximum days a person can stay inside the country is 60 days per entry.
Please find below the necessary documents that should be provided to get an Armenia regular business visa.
- The passport of the applicant which has a minimum of six months validity and two blank pages.
- A passport-sized photograph taken within the last six months should be submitted.
- If a foreign national residing in the United Kingdom, you should provide the proof of residence status.
- It is also necessary to submit copy of round-trip tickets along with the itinerary.
- A business invitation should be sent from the Armenian company, and it should be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- An invitation letter from Armenia should be submitted, and it should be issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Armenia Transit visas
Armenia transit visas are issued to foreign nationals who wish to transit through Armenia while traveling to a different destination.
In order to get these visas, the applicant should submit his passport, photograph and proof of resident status in the United Kingdom if applicable. It is also necessary to provide tickets to a third country.