Everything you need to know about Belize Visa
you are a holder of a valid British citizen passport, you do not need a visa to
enter Belize. You can stay in the nation for up to 30 days without a visa when
you travel for tourism or business activities, which do not involve any paid or
you wish to extend this granted stay period, you have to apply for an Extension
of Stay through any of the immigration offices in Belize.
You should make it a
point to lodge this application at least two to three days prior to the expiry
of the originally approved 30 days. For this, you also need to pay a fee of BZ
general requirements to gain a visa-free entry into Belize consists of a
passport that is valid for at least six months from your date of arrival in the
Additionally, you should also ensure that it contains a minimum of two
blank pages. Moreover, please ensure that you carry proof of sufficient funds
and evidence of onward or return travel.
Visa requirements for foreign nationals
Citizens of the following countries do not require a visa to enter Belize, provided they visit the nation as a tourist and stay for a period of up to 30s.
- Holders of a valid multiple-entry US visa or a Permanent Residency Card or a valid Schengen multiple entry visa for any of the member states from the EU
- Passport holders from the European Union Member States as well as their dependent territories
- Nationals of the Caribbean Community Member States (CARICOM). Note that Haiti is excluded from the visa-free regime
- US nationals and citizens from its dependent territories
- Citizens of all nations from South America
- Nationals of South Africa, Tunisia, Morocco, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland
- Citizens of the Commonwealth Republics apart from Bangladesh, Nauru, Cameroon, Pakistan, Chad, Sri Lanka, India, Mozambique, and certain East African Countries day
Here is a complete list of the countries that fall under the visa-exemption policy.
If you do not fall under any of the above categories, you will need an entry visa, which is available in single or multiple entries. A single entry visa is priced at £60 while a multiple entry visa costs £110. Diplomatic and Official passport holders may be issued a visa in gratis. You should consult with the Belize High Commission in the UK for further information.
Below are the documents required to apply for a Belize visa:
- A completed visa application form
- A passport that holds a validity of at least six months from the entry date in Belize and contains a minimum of two blank pages
- One recent, clear, passport-size photograph
- Proof of travel in the form of a detailed itinerary or tickets
- Proof of accommodation in the form of hotel reservations. If you are staying with a host, you need to provide full contact details of the particular Belize citizen
- Proof of financial stability in the form of recent bank statements. If your purpose is business, you can include a letter from your finance officer
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- A reference letter from your employer or educational institute
- An invitation letter from your host in Belize. The host must be able to establish his/her relationship with the applicant and should be able to provide a copy of his/her passport or Social Security Card. Applicants traveling for business should submit the letter on official letterhead, issued by the sponsoring company in Belize
- The required visa fee payable in cash, a bank draft, or international money order addressed to the Belize High Commission
Once you have all the documents ready, you can lodge an application either in person or via post. You should additionally email an electronic copy of your application and all supporting documents to email@example.com.
After that, you should submit the entire package to the Consular Section. If your visa is approved, you will be notified. Based on the type of visa, you can expect a waiting period of a maximum of one month to receive your stamped passport.
UK Emergency Travel Documents
The authorities of Belize accepts UK Emergency Travel Documents at ports of entry, airside transit and exit from the country’s borders.
Traveling to Belize with children
If you are a single parent or an adult planning to visit Belize with minors under 18 years, you have to present a notarized document that proves your parental responsibility or a letter of consent from the parents allowing the legal guardian/adult to travel with their kids.
These documents can be requested by the immigration officials while entering Belize or when exiting the country.
Traveling to Belize also requires the payment of a departure tax, amounting to BZD$111 or US$50. This figure is usually included in your ticket price.
Otherwise, you need to pay the amount in cash or card. If you are exiting via land, the departure tax is BZD$40 or US$20, payable only in cash.