Everything You Need To Know About
foreign nationals except citizens of Nordic countries and European Union need a
valid Schengen visa to enter Denmark.
Even though the United Kingdom is not in
European Union, authorities in Denmark allow British citizens to visit the country
without a visa. However, foreign nationals from countries like India, Russia,
China etc who reside in the United Kingdom need a visa to enter Denmark.
nationals should apply for a Schengen visa to Denmark depending on the purpose
and nature of their trip.
Please scroll down to know more about the visas
issued by Denmark authorities.
Denmark tourist visa
Travelers intending to visit Denmark for tourist purposes like sightseeing can apply for a tourist visa. Before applying for these visas, foreign nationals should understand that these visas are exclusively for tourism activities, and using these travel documents, you are not supposed to engage in any other works.
Please find below the required documents to obtain a Denmark tourist visa.
- The passport of the foreign national which has a minimum validity of six months and two blank pages should be submitted. Please ensure that the passport is signed by the applicant.
- Two passport sized photographs should be submitted, and it should not be older than three months. Also make sure that the passport photograph is taken in a white or grey background.
- If residing in the United Kingdom, the traveler should submit the ILR card or proof of residence status.
- The foreign national should submit proof of travel insurance which offer 30,000 € coverage within Denmark and the entire Schengen area.
- It is necessary to submit a cover letter that details the necessity of visiting Denmark.
- The applicant should also submit the full version of the itinerary issued by airlines or travel agent. Please note that this itinerary should detail the traveling dates of the applicant. Foreign nationals should understand that Denmark authorities will determine the number of your entries into the country based on the submitted itinerary.
- It is necessary to provide the proof of accommodation, and it could be the hotel room booking reservation details.
- The applicant should provide his or her bank statements of the last three months, and it should show a minimum balance of £600.
- The visa application form should be filled and signed without any errors. If you need any assistance, you can contact Visa Genie.
Note: Apart from providing the original copies of all the above-mentioned documents, applicants should also provide the photocopies of the same.
The validity of a Denmark tourist visa is three months, and the maximum days a foreign national can stay inside the country using this visa is 90 days.
Denmark business visa
Foreign nationals intending to visit Denmark for business related activities that include commercial trading can apply for a business visa.
Please find below the necessary documents to get a Denmark business visa.
- All foreign national who wish to visit Denmark should produce their original signed passport which has at least six months validity, and a minimum of two blank pages.
- The applicant should submit two passport-sized photographs, and it should be taken within the last three months. The photograph should have a white or grey background, and the applicant should maintain a neutral facial expression in it.
- If residing in the United Kingdom, the foreign national should submit the ILR card or the proof of residence status. It should be also noted that the proof of resident status should be valid for at least six months after you return from Denmark.
- It is necessary to provide the full version of the itinerary, and it should be issued by either an airline company or by a travel agency. Please understand that authorities will finalize the number of entries in your visa after checking the itinerary.
- The applicant should submit the proof of confirmed room booking details. This hotel reservation details should detail the name of the applicant, name of the hotel, and address.
- The applicant should submit an employment letter. This letter should be issued by the traveler’s UK employer, and it should assure that leaves has been granted, and the foreign national will return to work after the trip. It should be noted that this letter of employment should be addressed to the Denmark High Commission. If the traveler is self-employed, he or she can submit copy of business license or tax returns. If retired, the traveler can submit proof of retirement funds.
- The foreign national should submit the original and copies of last three months’ bank statements. Please note that this bank statement should be stamped by the issuing bank, and it should show a minimum balance of £600.
- The proof of travel insurance worth €30,000, which covers the journey throughout the Schengen Area should be submitted.
- The visa application form for a business visa should be completed very carefully. The applicant should make sure that there are no errors in the visa application form, as there are several previous instances where applicants were denied visas due to minute mistakes in the visa application form.
Note: The validity of a Denmark business visa is three months. Using these visas, foreign nationals can stay inside Denmark for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Denmark medical visa
If a foreign national is traveling to Denmark for a medical visa, he or she should submit all documents that needs to be submitted to get a tourist visa, that includes passport, photograph, employment letter, itinerary, bank statement, proof of travel insurance etc, as mentioned above.
Apart from this usual documentation, applicants should also submit the below mentioned documents.
- The applicant should submit a local medical report from the United Kingdom.
- It is necessary to submit a medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Denmark. The medical attestation should also confirm the date of your appointment and the current status of your medical condition.
- The applicant should submit a payment receipt from the Denmark hospital or clinic.
Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes Denmark visa
For obtaining these visas, a foreign national should submit all the documents that are required to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this regular documentation, all foreign nationals should also submit the below-mentioned documents.
- An invitation letter from an entity in Denmark.
- If traveling with a crew, the applicant should provide all the names and details of the crew members.
- It is necessary to provide proofs that describe the duration of stay along with the travel itinerary.
Denmark visa for minors
Apart from the usual documents needed to get a tourist visa, the below-mentioned documents should be submitted to get a Denmark visa for minors.
- It is necessary to provide proofs of parents’ income.
- The applicant should submit notarized travel permission from the parent.
- It is also necessary to provide the birth certificate of the minor traveler.
Note: If the applicant is applying for a visa via the Danish embassy, a legal guardian or parent should accompany the minor child.
Denmark visa for family members or spouse for a Danish resident
In order to get these visas, the applicant should submit all the documents required to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this usual documentation, applicants should also submit the documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to provide the Danish citizenship proof of the person residing in Denmark.
- Marriage certificate of the applicant should be provided.
- If available, it is necessary to submit the Danish family record book.
Denmark student visa
Students who willing to attend a college or school in Denmark for studies can apply for a Denmark student visa. In order to get these visas, students should submit all documents that are needed to get a tourist visa.
Apart from usual documentation, applicants should also submit the documents mentioned below.
- The applicant should submit an enrolment certificate that allows the student to attend the course in Denmark.
- He or she should submit the certificates of the courses he completed, that makes him eligible for higher studies in Denmark.
- The student should show proof of sufficient funds to support his living expenditure in Denmark.