Everything You Need To Know About
Finland is a member of European Union, citizens of the United Kingdom do not
need a Schengen visa to enter the country.
Even though the United Kingdom has left
the European Union, Finland has agreed to continue the visa exemption status
for British nationals. However, foreign nationals who are residents of the UK
need a visa to enter Finland.
All foreign nationals, aged above 12 should complete a biometric process
(fingerprint) to visit Finland.
on the requirements of the foreign national, authorities in Finland have
classified their visa into several types, and they are mentioned below.
Finland tourist visa
As the name indicates, Finland tourist visas are issued to foreign nationals planning to visit the country for tourism-related activities.
Please find below the required documents to obtain a Finland tourist visa.
- A signed passport of the foreign national should be submitted. While submitting the passport, the foreign national should make sure that it has at least six months validity and two blank pages for markings.
- Two passport photographs taken in a white background which are not old than three months should be submitted. In the photographs, the foreign national should make sure that he or she is maintaining a neutral facial expression.
- Applicants of Finland tourist visa who reside in the United Kingdom should submit the original ILR card or proof of resident status. It should be noted that these documents are valid for at least six months after you return from Finland.
- The applicant should submit the full version of the itinerary. It should be noted that this itinerary should be issued by an airline company or a travel agency. Authorities in Finland will determine the number of entries in visa based on the itinerary submitted.
- It is necessary to submit an employment letter from the company in the United Kingdom. This letter should assure that the traveler will rejoin his or her job upon completion of the trip. The employment letter should be addressed to the Finland High Commission. If self-employed, you can submit the business license or tax return. People who are retired can submit proofs of retirement funds.
- The traveler should submit the confirmed, fully paid hotel room booking reservation details. The copy of this confirmed room booking should have the traveler’s name in it, and it should also have the name of the hotel and its address.
- The applicant is required to submit his or her last three months bank statements as a proof of financial capability. Please note that the minimum balance in this bank statement should not be less than £600. The applicant should also make sure that the bank statement is stamped by the issuing bank.
- Travel insurance proof should be submitted. Please make sure that this insurance is obtained in the United Kingdom, and it should cover the traveler’s journey throughout the Schengen area. The insurance should also submit a minimum coverage of €30,000.
Note: If a minor is traveling to Finland, it is necessary to submit the below-mentioned documents.
- It is necessary to submit the birth certificate of the traveler.
- The applicant should submit a notarized travel permission from parents.
- It is necessary to submit the copies of parents’ passports.
Finland authorities offer both single and multiple entry tourist visas to foreign nationals. The validity of both these visas is three months, and the maximum days a traveler can stay inside the country is 90 days.
Foreign nationals traveling to Finland should understand that these visas are exclusively given to travelers who visit the country for tourism purposes.
Using these visas, foreign nationals are not supposed to work inside the country. If authorities find you work inside the country without proper documents, then you will be compelled to face serious legal consequences.
Finland business visa
Finland issues business visas to foreign nationals who plan to visit the country for business-related activities that include commercial trading.
Please find below the necessary documents that are needed to obtain a Finland business visa.
- The passport of the applicant with a minimum validity of six months and two blank pages need to be submitted. If the passport has a validity of less than six months, it is necessary to renew it before applying for the visa.
- The foreign national should submit two passport-sized photographs. The photographs should be taken in a white background, and it should show the full frontal view of the applicant’s head with the face centered in the middle.
- It is necessary to submit the ILR card or the proof of residence status. Please note that these documents should be valid for at least six months after returning from Finland.
- The applicant should submit the complete itinerary. It should be noted that the authorities in Finland will determine the number of entries in your visa based on the itinerary.
- The foreign national should submit proof of hotel room booking reservation.
- The traveler should submit an employment letter issued by the company in the United Kingdom. This employment letter should state that the traveler will join the job back after returning from Finland. The letter should be addressed to the Finland High Commission. Self-employed travelers can submit proof of business license or tax return. If you are a retired person, you can submit proof of retirement funds.
- A business letter from the company in Finland should be submitted. This business letter should detail everything about the trip, including its purpose and nature. The letter should also guarantee sufficient funds for the traveler. This business invitation letter should be addressed to the consulate of Finland, and the applicant should make sure that it is not old than one month.
- The applicant should submit the bank statements of last three months. The bank statement should detail the full name and address of the applicant, and the complete transactions in these months. It should be also noted that the minimum balance in your account should be at least £600.
- The traveler should submit a travel insurance proof. This travel insurance should be valid throughout the complete Schengen Area. The minimum cover for medical emergency and repatriation should be €30,000.
- The visa application form should be filled very carefully, as there are several previous cases where foreign nationals were denied Finland visas due to mistakes in visa application forms. If you face any difficulties while filling this form, do not hesitate to contact Visa Genie.
Note: Finland offers both single and multiple entry visas to foreign nationals. Both these visas offer validity of three months, and using these travel documents, a traveler can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days.
Finland medical visa
Foreign nationals who plan to visit Finland for treatments and other related procedures can apply for a medical visa.
In order to get these visas, foreign nationals should submit all the necessary documents required to get a tourist visa.
Apart from this usual documentation, foreign nationals are also entitled to submit the documents mentioned below.
- A medical report from a registered medical practitioner in the United Kingdom should be submitted.
- It is necessary to submit a medical attestation from a Finland hospital or doctor. The medical attestation should confirm the date of the appointment along with the details of the traveler’s medical condition.
- The applicant should submit the payment receipt of the fee paid in the Finland hospital or clinic.
- The foreign national should submit proofs of funds to support himself or herself during the stay in Finland.
Finland student visa
Foreign nationals planning to visit Finland for studying in colleges and schools in the country can apply for a student visa.
In order to obtain a student visa, foreign nationals are required to submit the below mentioned documents, along with the usual documents needed to get a tourist visa.
- The applicant should submit an enrollment certificate that allows him or her to attend the course in Finland.
- The foreign national should submit the certificates of all the courses he completed in the past, that makes him or her eligible to attend the higher course in Finland.
- The traveler should submit proofs of sufficient funds to support his or her stay in Finland.
Finland visa for spouse and family members
These visas are issued to foreign nationals who are family members or spouse of Finland residents or citizens. If you want to get this visa, you should submit all the documents required to obtain a tourist visa, along with the additional documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of Finnish citizenship.
- The applicant should submit the marriage certificate if the spouse is visiting.
- It is also necessary to submit the Finland family record book.