Everything You Need
To Know About Greece Visa
Greece is a country that is located in the Schengen area,
and as a result, British nationals do not need a visa to enter the nation.
However, if you are a foreign national from countries like India, China, Russia
or Philippines residing in the United Kingdom, you will be required to obtain a
visa to visit Greece.
Note: All foreign nationals are supposed to complete a biometric
process to obtain a Greece visa. You need to visit the visa centre in London to
apply for the visa and give your biometric data.
Depending on the purpose of travel, Greek authorities have
classified their visas into several types. Please scroll down to know more about
different types of Greece visas.
Greece tourist visas
Tourist visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to visit Greece exclusively for tourism-related activities like sightseeing.
Using these visas, a foreign national is not supposed to engage in any other activities, and if authorities nab you for violating the law, you will face severe legal consequences.
Foreign nationals should submit the below-mentioned documents to get a Greece tourist visa.
- All foreign nationals wishing to obtain a Greece tourist visa should submit the original passport which has at least six months validity and two blank pages.
- Two passport-sized photographs should be submitted. These photographs should be taken in a white or grey background.
- If residing in the United Kingdom, the foreign national should submit the ILR card or proof of residence status.
- In order to get a Greece tourist visa, the foreign national should submit the full version of the itinerary. Please note that this itinerary should be sent directly by the airline company or a travel agency. It should be also noted that the authorities in Greece will determine the number of entries in your visa based on the itinerary.
- It is necessary to submit an employment letter issued by the applicant’s company in the United Kingdom. This employment letter should be written in the company’s letterhead, and it should be manually signed. The employment letter should assure that the traveler will rejoin the work after completing the trip to Greece. This employment letter should be addressed to the Greece High Commission. If the applicant is self-employed, he or she can submit proof of business license or copy of tax return. Retired travelers can submit proofs of retirement funds.
- It is necessary to submit the copy of fully paid hotel reservation details.
- The foreign national should submit bank statements of last three months. Please note that the statement should be stamped by the issuing bank, and it should show a minimum balance of £600.
- It is also necessary to submit proof of travel insurance. The applicant should make sure that the travel insurance policy is issued in the United Kingdom, and it gives complete coverage throughout the Schengen area. Please note that the minimum coverage offered by the insurance policy for medical emergency and repatriation should be €30,000.
- Foreign nationals should fill the visa application form in a legible manner, and make sure that there are no errors in it. If you find any difficulties while completing the visa application form, you can contact Visa Genie.
Additional documents that should be submitted while traveling with minors
Minors traveling to Greece, either alone or with parents should submit the below mentioned documents.
- The application form should be signed by both the parents or legal guardian.
- A consent letter signed by both the parents or legal guardian should be submitted. Please note that this consent letter should be addressed to the Consulate of Greece.
- It is necessary to submit the copies of both the parents’ passports.
- The original and copy of the child’s birth certificate should be submitted.
- An original letter from the school confirming the child’s attendance should be submitted.
Note: In usual cases, the validity of a Greece tourist visa is three months, and using these visas, foreign nationals can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Greece business visa
Business visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to visit Greece for business activities like commercial trading.
In order to get a business visa, foreign nationals should submit the documents mentioned below.
- The passport of the applicant should be submitted. It should be noted that the passport has a minimum validity of six months and two blank pages.
- It is necessary to submit two photographs of the applicant. The photographs should be taken in a white background, and it should not be older than three months.
- The applicant should submit the original ILR card or proof of resident status in the United Kingdom. Please note that these documents are valid for six months after the foreign national returns from Greece.
- The full version of the itinerary should be submitted. Please note that the itinerary should be sent directly from an airline company or an authorized travel agent.
- It is necessary to submit an employment letter from the UK company. This letter should be written in the company’s letterhead, and it should be signed by an authorized personal. The letter should state that the traveler will rejoin the work after completing the trip to Greece. If you are self-employed, you can submit copy of business license or tax return. Retired travelers can submit proof of retirement funds.
- The applicant should submit details of hotel room booking confirmation. The fully paid hotel room booking reservation confirmation should show the name of the applicant, name of the hotel and its address.
- The applicant should submit a business invitation letter issued by the company in Greece. This business invitation letter should detail the purpose and nature of the trip, and should also take all the financial responsibility of the traveler during the trip. Please note that this business letter is addressed to the Consulate of Greece.
- The foreign national should submit his or her bank statements issued in the last three months. It should be noted that the minimum balance in the statements should be £600.
- Details of travel insurance policy should be submitted. Please note that this travel insurance policy should be valid throughout the Schengen area, and it should provide a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergencies and repatriation.
Note: Greece issues both single and multiple entry visas to foreign nationals. The validity of a business visa is three months, and using these visas, foreign nationals can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days.
Please note that multiple entry visas will be issued at the sole discretion of the Greece embassy.
Greece medical visa
Foreign nationals planning to visit Greece for availing treatments from hospitals in the country can apply for a medical visa.
In order to get a medical visa, foreign nationals should submit all the documents needed to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this usual documentation, foreign nationals are also supposed to submit the below mentioned additional documents.
- A medical report issued by a registered medical practitioner in the United Kingdom.
- It is necessary to submit the medical attestation from a hospital or doctor in Greece. Please make sure that this medical attestation should confirm the appointment, and should also detail the present medical condition of the patient.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of medical fees payment.
- The foreign national should submit proof of sufficient funds to support himself or herself during the stay in Greece.
Greece visa for spouse and family members
If your spouse or family member is residing in Greece, you can apply for these visas. In order to get these visas, you should submit all the documents required to get a tourist visa.
Along with these documents, a foreign national should also submit the additional documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit proof of Greek citizenship. In order to prove the citizenship, foreign nationals can submit ID card, consular card, certification of Greek nationality, or the naturalization order.
- If the spouse is traveling, it is necessary to submit the copy of Greek marriage certificate.
- In order to get a visa for spouse or family members, it is also necessary to submit the Greek family book.