Everything You Need To
Know About Hungary visa
British nationals do not need a visa to enter Hungary as the
country lies in the Schengen area. However, foreign nationals residing in the
United Kingdom needs a visa to enter Hungary.
In order to get a Hungary visa, all the applicants should
initially complete a biometric process (fingerprint). To complete this process,
foreign nationals should initially take an appointment at the visa application
Hungary issues different types of visas for foreign
nationals, and it depends on the purpose and nature of the visit.
down to know more about different types of Hungary visas.
Hungary tourist visa
Hungary issues tourist visas to foreign nationals who intend to visit the country for tourism related activities.
Please find below the necessary documents that are required to obtain a Hungary tourist visa.
- Foreign nationals should submit their original signed passport. It should be noted that this passport should have a minimum of six months validity and two blank pages for markings. If your passport has a validity of less than six months, it is highly recommended to renew it before submitting the application.
- The foreign national should submit two photographs. These photographs should not be older than three months, and they should be taken in a white background.
- It is necessary to submit the ILR card or proof of residence status.
- The applicant should submit the full version of the itinerary issued by an airline company or travel agency. Please note that authorities in Hungary will determine the number of entries in your visas after analyzing your itinerary.
- It is necessary to submit an employment letter from the UK company. This letter should be manually signed, and it should be printed in the company’s official business letterhead. The employment letter should state that the foreign national will return to work after completing the Hungarian trip. If you are self-employed, you can submit the copy of business license or tax return. In case you are retired, you can submit proofs of retirement funds.
- The foreign national should submit proof of accommodation. To fulfill this, the applicant can submit copy of hotel room booking reservation details that show the name of the traveler, name of the hotel and address.
- To prove the financial capability, the applicant should submit bank statements issued in the last three months. Please note that the minimum balance in the statement should be £500. The bank statement should show all details of the applicant that include his or her name, bank transactions and salary.
- The foreign national should submit proof of travel insurance. This travel insurance should be issued in the United Kingdom, and it should be valid throughout the Schengen area. It should be also noted that this travel insurance should provide a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergencies and repatriation.
- The visa application form should be completed without any errors. In case of any queries, do not hesitate to contact Visa Genie.
Tips to take care while traveling with children
While applying for a Hungary visa for children, please follow the below-mentioned tips.
- The visa application form should be signed by both the parents.
- A consent letter signed by both the parents should be submitted.
- It is necessary to submit the copy of parents’ passports.
- It is mandatory to submit the birth certificate of the minor traveler.
Note: Hungary offers both single and multiple entry visas for foreign nationals. Both these visas have a validity of three months, and foreign nationals can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
As the name indicates, tourist visas are issued exclusively for tourism related activities, and foreign nationals are not supposed to engage in any kinds of works using these travel documents. If found guilty of violating the rules, foreign nationals may face strict legal
Hungary business visas
Business visas are issued by Hungary for business personals who plan to visit the country for business related activities.
Please find below the necessary documents that are required to obtain a business visa.
- In order to get a Hungary business visa, all foreign nationals should submit their signed passports. Please note that these passports have a minimum validity of six months and two blank pages for markings.
- Two passport sized photographs taken in a white background should be submitted. Please note that these photographs are not older than three months.
- The applicant should submit the ILR card or proof of UK resident status. It should be noted that these documents should be valid for at least six months after the applicant returns from Hungary.
- The full version of the itinerary directly sent by the airline company should be submitted. Please note that authorities in Hungary will determine the number of entries in your visa based on this itinerary.
- All foreign national should submit an employment letter from the UK employer. This letter should be written in the company’s letterhead, and it should assure that the foreign national will rejoin the work after completing the Hungary trip. If self-employed, applicants can submit proof of business license or tax return. If retired, proof of retirement funds can be submitted.
- It is necessary to provide proof of hotel room booking confirmation details.
- The applicant should submit a business invitation letter from a Hungary entity. The business invitation letter should guarantee sufficient funds for the traveler. It should be noted that this business invitation letter should be addressed to the Consulate of Hungary.
- The bank statements of the last three months should be submitted. It should be noted that the minimum balance in these statements should be £600.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of travel insurance. Please note that this travel insurance issued in the United Kingdom should be valid throughout the Schengen area. It should be also noted that this insurance policy should provide a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergency and repatriation.
Note: Business visas offer both single and multiple entry privilege to foreign nationals. The validity of a Hungary business visa is three months, and using these visas, a foreign national can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry. In usual cases, foreign nationals will get a business visa 15 business days after submitting the application.
Hungary medical visa
Hungary medical visas are issued to foreign nationals who plan to visit the country for medical related treatments.
To get a medical visa, foreign nationals should submit documents required to get a tourist visa.
Foreign nationals should also submit the additional documents mentioned below.
- A medical report from a UK medical practitioner should be submit.
- A medical attestation issued by a hospital or doctor in Hungary should be submitted. The medical attestation should confirm the date of appointment, and it should also detail the present medical condition of the patient.
- The applicant should submit proof of payment paid to the Hungarian hospital.
- It is also necessary to submit proof of sufficient funds to support himself or herself during the stay in Hungary.
Visa for spouse and family members
Family members and spouses of Hungarian nationals and residents can apply for these visas. To get these visas, foreign nationals should submit all the documents required to get a tourist visa.
Apart from this, they should also submit the documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit proof of Hungarian citizenship.
- If spouse is traveling, it is necessary to submit the copy of marriage certificate.
- It is necessary to submit the copy of Hungary family book.