Everything You Need To Know About Ireland
of the United Kingdom do not need a visa to visit Ireland. However, foreign
nationals from countries like India and Russia who reside in the United Kingdom
need a visa to enter Ireland.
on the purpose and nature of the foreign national’s visit, Ireland has classified
their visas into several types. Please scroll down to know more about different
types of Irish visa.
Ireland tourist visa
Ireland issues tourist visas to foreign nationals who intend to visit the country exclusively for tourism-related activities. Please note that these visas are issued exclusively for tourism activities, and foreign nationals are not supposed to do any kind of other activities inside Ireland using this visa. If found guilty, authorities in Ireland will take strict legal actions against the foreign national.
Please find below the necessary documents that are required to obtain an Irish tourist visa.
Embassy of Ireland
- Foreign nationals intending to visit Ireland should submit the passport that has at least six months validity and sufficient blank pages for markings. If your passport’s validity is less than six months, travelers should renew it before submitting the application.
- One passport-sized photograph taken in a white background within the last six months should be submitted. While submitting the photograph, the applicant should ensure that it is providing the full-frontal view of the traveler’s head with the face centered in the middle. In the photograph, the applicant should also maintain a neutral facial expression.
- As the applicant is residing in the United Kingdom, foreign nationals should submit either the ILR card or the proof of resident status in the UK. Please ensure that this proof of resident status is valid for at least six months after the traveler returns from Ireland.
- It is necessary to submit the original bank statements in the last three months. The statement should show a minimum balance of GBP 180 per day.
- As the proof of accommodation, applicants should submit proof of hotel room booking reservation. This receipt of confirmed hotel room booking reservation should show the name of the traveler, name of the hotel and its address.
- The traveler should submit a personal letter, addressed to the Embassy of Ireland. This letter should detail the purpose and nature of the trip, date of travel, and place of accommodation.
- It is necessary to submit the Irish authorization letter.
- The applicant should submit an employment letter from his or her company in the United Kingdom. This letter should assure that the traveler will return to work after completing the Ireland trip. If the traveler is self-employed, it is necessary to submit the copy of business license or tax return. Retired travelers can submit proof of retirement funds.
- It is mandatory to send an application letter which is addressed to the below-mentioned address.
17 Grosvenor Pl
This letter should detail the purpose and nature of the applicant’s trip to Ireland. This personal letter should also show the date of arrival and departure.
The letter should also ensure that the traveler will leave Ireland before the immigration permission expires.
- It is necessary to submit an invitation letter from the host in Ireland. Along with this letter, it is also necessary to produce reference’s passport-bio page and signature, current Irish residence proof, and details of how the traveler is connected to the Irish entity.
- The visa application form should be completed without any errors.
Documents required while traveling with children
While traveling with children, it is necessary to submit the documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit the original birth certificate showing the names of both the parents.
- A letter from the minor’s school should be submitted.
- A consent letter from both the parents should be submitted.
- Original photo ID of both the parents should be submitted.
Note: The validity of both single entry and multiple entry Ireland tourist visa is three months. Using these travel documents, visitors can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Note 02: In order to get an Ireland visitor visa, foreign nationals should submit all the documents required to obtain a tourist visa. Ireland offers both single entry and multiple entry visitor visas. These visas allow foreign nationals to stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Ireland business visa
Business visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to visit Ireland for business purposes. In order to get a business visa, travelers should submit the below-mentioned documents.
- The applicant should submit his or her original signed passport which is valid for six months. Please note that this passport should also has two blank pages.
- One passport-sized photograph in white background taken within the last six months should be submitted.
- It is necessary to submit the original ILR card or residence status proof in the United Kingdom.
- The applicant should submit last three months bank statement as a proof of livelihood proof.
- An original business letter from the traveler’s UK employer should be submitted. This business letter should introduce the applicant, and it should state the nature of business which will be conducted inside Ireland. The letter should also detail the type and desired validity of the visa. The company in Ireland should also guarantee sufficient funds for the foreign national’s travel.
- An authorization letter from Ireland should be submitted.
- A business invitation letter addressed to the Embassy of Ireland should be submitted. This letter should be issued by the company in Ireland. This letter should be signed by a senior manager of the Ireland company, and it should detail the nature of business that will be conducted inside Ireland. This business invitation letter should also specify the type and desired validity of the requested Ireland visa.
- It is necessary to submit a personal application letter addressed to the address mentioned below.
Embassy of Ireland
17 Grosvenor Pl
This personal application letter should detail the purpose and nature of the applicant’s trip, along with the date of arrival and departure. In this letter, the traveler should assure that he or she will leave Ireland before the expiry of the travel document.
- The traveler should complete the visa application form without any errors. In case of any difficulties, please contact Visa Genie for any assistance.
Note: Ireland offers both single and multiple entry visas to foreign nationals. These visas are valid for three months, and using these visas, foreign nationals can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Ireland transit visa
Transit visas are not required if a foreign national is traveling to a different destination.
In order to stay visa free, the foreign nationals should meet the below mentioned criteria.
- The foreign national should ensure that he or she is not leaving the transit area of the airport.
- It is necessary to continue the journey on the same day.
- The passport of the traveler should have six months validity, and one blank page.
- It is necessary to hold proof of sufficient funds.
- The applicant should hold proof of onward and return flight tickets.
- The traveler should hold all the document proofs required for the next destination.
- It is necessary to hold visa for the next destination.
- While traveling, the foreign national should make sure that airline company will allow boarding without a visa.
If the traveler is not meeting the above-mentioned criteria, it is necessary to obtain a visa.