Everything You Need
To Know About Latvia Visa
Latvia is a country that is located in the Schengen area,
and as a result, British citizens do not need a passport to enter Latvia.
However, if you are a foreign national residing in the United Kingdom, it is
necessary to obtain a Schengen visa to visit Latvia.
In order to get a Latvia visa, you should initially complete
a biometric process at the visa application center.
To book the appointment at
the visa application center, you can seek the help of reputed agencies like
Visa Genie, and we will schedule an appointment for you.
Depending on the purpose of the trip, authorities in Latvia
has classified visas into several types. Please scroll down to know more about different
types of Latvia visas.
Latvia tourist visa
As the name indicates, these visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to visit the country exclusively for tourism purposes.
Please find below the necessary documents that are needed to obtain a Latvia tourist visa.
- The applicant should submit his or her original signed passport with six months validity. The traveler should also make sure that the passport has at least two blank pages for markings.
- It is necessary to submit two recently taken passport-sized photographs. Please make sure that the photograph is taken within the last three months in a white background.
- The traveler should submit the full version of the itinerary. After analyzing this itinerary, authorities in Latvia will decide the number of entries in your visa.
- The applicant should submit an employment letter, and it should be issued by the employer in the United Kingdom. This employment letter should be addressed to the Latvia High Commission. In the employment letter, the employer should assure that the traveler will rejoin the work after completing the trip to Latvia. If you are self-employed, you can submit the business license or tax return. Retired people can submit proof of retirement funds to obtain a Latvia tourist visa.
- The applicant should submit the ILR card or proof of resident status in the United Kingdom. This proof of resident status should be valid for at least six months after completing the Latvia trip.
- All applicants should submit the hotel room booking details that shows the name of the traveler.
- It is necessary to submit the bank statement issued in the last three months. Please make sure that the minimum balance in the bank statement is £600.
- The applicant should also submit the proof of travel insurance. It should be noted that this travel insurance policy should be issued in the United Kingdom, and it should be valid throughout the Schengen area. The minimum coverage offered by this insurance policy for medical emergency and repatriation should be at least €30,000.
- While filling the visa application form, be very careful, and make sure that you are completing it without any errors. If you need any assistance, please contact Visa Genie.
If minors are traveling to Latvia, they should submit the documents mentioned below.
- Copy of both the parents’ passport.
- A notarized consent letter from parents.
- Proof of parents’ income.
- Birth certificate of the minor traveler.
Note: Latvia offers both single and multiple entry tourist visas. The validity of a Latvia tourist visa is three months, and using this travel document, a foreign national can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Latvia business visa
If you are a traveler who wishes to visit Latvia for business activities, you can apply for a business visa.
Please find below the documents you should submit to obtain a business visa.
- The applicant should submit the original passport. It is also necessary to make sure that the submitted passport is signed. The passport should also have six months validity and two blank pages.
- The traveler should submit two passport-sized photographs. The photographs should be taken in a white background, and it should show the full-frontal view of the applicant with the face centered in the middle. The applicant should also make sure that the passport is not older than three months.
- If residing in the United Kingdom, the applicant should submit the original ILR card or proof of resident status. Please make sure that this proof of resident status is valid for at least six months after you return from Latvia.
- The applicant should submit the full version of the itinerary. Please make sure that the itinerary is being sent directly by a travel agency or an airline company. Authorities in Latvia will determine the number of entries in your visa based on this itinerary.
- An employment letter issued by the traveler’s UK employer should be submitted. This letter should be addressed to the Latvia High Commission. In the letter, the UK employer should state that the traveler will return to duty after completing the trip to Latvia. If the traveler is self-employed, he or she can submit the copy of business license or tax return, and if retired, proof of retirement funds can be submitted.
- It is necessary to submit a business letter from the host company in Latvia. The business letter should detail the purpose and nature of the trip, This letter should also detail the dates of the traveler’s visit, and the company in Latvia should also assure the financial liability of the foreign national. This business invitation letter should not be older than one month, and it should be addressed to the Consulate of Latvia.
- The applicant should submit last three months bank statement. The bank statement should show all bank transactions, and the final balance should be at least £600.
- The travel insurance policy of the applicant should be submitted. The insurance policy should be issued in the United Kingdom, and it should be valid throughout the Schengen territory. The minimum coverage offered by this insurance policy for medical emergencies and repatriation should be €30,000.
- The visa application form should be completed without any errors. In case of any queries, contact Visa Genie.
Note: The validity of your Latvia business visa will be three months. Using this visa, foreign nationals can enter the country and stay there for 90 days per entry. In usual cases, the business visa will be delivered within 10 to 15 business days after submitting the application.
Latvia medical visa
Latvia medical visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to visit the country for availing treatment from a hospital in Latvia.
In order to get these visas, foreign nationals should submit all the documents required to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this usual documentation, it is mandatory to submit the below-mentioned documents.
- The applicant should submit a local medical report. This local medical report should be issued by a registered medical practitioner in the United Kingdom.
- It is necessary to submit a medical attestation from a hospital or doctor in Latvia. This medical attestation should detail the patient’s current medical condition, and should also confirm your date of appointment.
- Payment receipt of medical fees should be submitted.
- The foreign national should submit proof of sufficient funds.
Latvia visa for spouse and family members of Latvian resident
In order to get this visa, a foreign national should submit all the documents required to get a tourist visa.
Besides this documentation, foreign nationals should also submit a set of additional documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of Latvian citizenship.
- If the spouse is traveling, it is mandatory to submit the marriage certificate.
- Latvian family record book should be submitted.