You Need To Know About Liechtenstein Visa
Liechtenstein is a German-speaking,
25km-long principality between Austria and Switzerland which falls in the list
of Schengen countries. It should be noted that citizens of countries in the
European Union do not need a visa to enter Liechtenstein.
Even though the
United Kingdom is not a part of the European Union now, authorities in Liechtenstein
have decided to continue the visa-exemption status for British nationals.
However, foreign nationals from countries
like India who reside in the United Kingdom need a visa to enter Liechtenstein.
Depending on the purpose and nature of the foreign national’s visit,
authorities in Liechtenstein have classified their visas into several types,
and the most noted ones are mentioned below.
Liechtenstein tourist visa
Travelers who plan to visit Liechtenstein exclusively for tourism-related activities can apply for a tourist visa.
In order to get a tourist visa, you should submit the documents mentioned below.
- The original, signed passport of the applicant should be submitted to get a Liechtenstein tourist visa. This passport should have six months validity and two blank pages.
- It is necessary to submit two passport-sized photographs. Please ensure that these photographs are taken within the last three months.
- It is necessary to submit the ILR card or proof of resident status as the traveler is currently residing in the United Kingdom.
- The applicant should submit an employment letter issued by his or her UK employer. In this employment letter, the UK company should state that a leave has been granted to the traveler, and he or she will rejoin the work after completing the trip to Liechtenstein. If you are self-employed, you can submit the copy of business license or tax return. Retired travelers can submit proof of retirement funds.
- It is necessary submit the full version of the itinerary directly send by an airline company or travel agency. It should be noted that authorities in Liechtenstein will determine the number of entries in your visa based on the submitted itinerary.
- A hotel room booking reservation in Liechtenstein should be submitted as the proof of accommodation.
- A bank statement issued within the last six months should be submitted.
- A travel insurance valid throughout the Schengen area should be submitted.
- The applicant should fill the visa application form without any errors.
Liechtenstein business visa
Foreign nationals intending to visit Liechtenstein for business related activities can apply for a business visa.
In order to get a business visa, the traveler should submit all the documents required to get a tourist visa. However, apart from these usual documents, the applicant should also submit a business invitation letter.
This business invitation letter should be issued by the company in Liechtenstein.
This invitation letter written in the company’s letterhead should briefly introduce the applicant. It should detail the nature and purpose of the foreign national’s trip, and should give a clear picture about the places the traveler will visit during his or her stay in Liechtenstein.
The company in Liechtenstein should also assure full financial responsibility of the foreign national’s trip.