Everything You Need To Know About Lithuania Visa
As British citizens do not need a visa to enter countries in
Schengen area, all UK citizens are visa exempt to visit Lithuania. However,
foreign nationals residing in the United Kingdom need a visa to enter Lithuania.
In order to get a Lithuania visa, foreign nationals should
initially complete a biometric process at the visa application center.
want to complete this process in a hassle-free manner, you can avail the
service of entrusted agencies like Visa Genie, and we will guide you in all the
steps of visa application, and it includes booking an appointment at the visa
application center on your behalf.
Authorities in Lithuania have classified visas into several
types based on the requirements of the traveler.
Please scroll down to know more
about different types of Lithuania visa.
Lithuania tourist visa
Lithuania issues these visas to foreign nationals who plan to visit the country exclusively for tourism-related activities. A foreign national is not supposed to engage in any other activities after entering the country using these visas.
If authorities nab you for violating the rules, you will be compelled to face strict legal consequences.
Please find below the required documents that should be submitted to obtain a Lithuania tourist visa.
- It is necessary to submit the original signed passport of the foreign national. Please note that this passport should have a minimum validity of six months, and two blank pages for markings.
- The foreign national should submit two passport-sized photographs, and they should be taken in a white background. It is also necessary to ensure that these passport-sized photographs are not older than three months.
- If the foreign national is residing in the United Kingdom, he or she should submit the ILR card or proof of resident status. Please note that this proof of resident status should be valid at least six months after completing the Lithuania trip.
- The foreign national is supposed to submit the full itinerary, and it should be directly sent either by the airline company or a recognized travel agency. Applicants should understand that authorities in Lithuania will determine the number of entries in your visa based on the itinerary submitted.
- The traveler should submit copy of bank statement issued by the bank in the last three months.
- It is necessary to submit an employment letter from the UK employer. The employment letter should be written in the company’s letterhead, and it should state that the traveler will rejoin the work after completing the trip to Lithuania. Please note that this letter should be addressed to the High Commission of Lithuania. If the traveler is a school going student, a letter from the school can be submitted. Self-employed people can submit copy of business license or tax return. Retired people can submit proof of retirement funds.
- The applicant should submit proof of hotel room booking confirmation. The hotel room booking confirmation should show the name of the traveler, along with the name of the hotel and its address.
- The traveler is required to submit proof of travel insurance policy. Please make sure that this travel insurance is valid throughout the Schengen area.
- The visa application form should be completed by the applicant in a neat and legible manner, without any errors. If you find any difficulties in completing the visa application form, you can contact Visa Genie.
Note: Lithuania offers both single and multiple entry tourist visas for foreign nationals. These visas are valid for three months, and the maximum days a person can stay inside the country per entry is 90 days.
Lithuania business visa
As the name indicates, these visas are issued to foreign nationals who plan to visit the country for business-related activities like commercial sales trading.
In order to get a business visa, the foreign national should submit the below-mentioned documents.
- The foreign national should submit the original signed passport. The passport should have six months validity and two blank pages.
- The applicant is required to submit two passport sized photographs, and it should be taken within the last three months. Please note that these photographs will provide the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head with the face centered in the middle.
- The full version of the itinerary showing the exact travel dates. Foreign nationals should understand that the authorities in Lithuania will determine the number of entries in your visa based on this submitted itinerary.
- The original ILR card or proof of residence status should be submitted.
- The applicant is required to submit the employment letter issued by the company in the United Kingdom. Please note that this employment letter is addressed to the Lithuania High Commission, and it should assure that the foreign national will return to work after completing the trip. If you are self-employed, proof of business license or tax return can be submitted. If the traveler is retired, he or she can submit proof of retirement funds.
- The applicant is supposed to submit an invitation letter from the company in Lithuania. This business invitation letter should detail the purpose of the visit, and should also assure the full financial responsibility of the traveler.
- The foreign national should submit proof of hotel room booking reservation.
- It is necessary to submit proof of travel insurance. Please note that this travel insurance should provide coverage throughout the Schengen area.
- The applicant should submit the visa application form properly.
Note: The validity of a Lithuania business visa is three months. Using this travel document, a foreign national can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Lithuania medical visa
These visas are issued to foreign nationals who wish to enter Lithuania for medical-related treatments. In order to get this visa, foreign nationals should submit all the documents that are required to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this usual documentation, foreign nationals should also submit the documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit a medical report. This medical report should be issued by a registered medical practitioner in the United Kingdom.
- The applicant should submit a medical attestation from a doctor or hospital in Lithuania. It should be noted that this medical attestation should confirm the date of the appointment, and it should also give a detailed outlook about the patient’s current medical condition.
- The applicant should submit proof of payment receipt of medical fees.
- The foreign national should also submit proof of the traveler’s financial capability.
Lithuania student visa
Student visas are issued to foreign nationals who plan to visit Lithuania. These visas allow citizens of foreign countries to visit Lithuania, and to study in a college or school in the country. To obtain a student visa, foreign nationals are required to submit documents needed to get a tourist visa.
In addition to these documents, foreign nationals should also submit the below-mentioned documents.
- The applicant should submit an enrollment certificate from a school or college in Lithuania.
- The foreign national is supposed to submit certificates of the completed courses that makes him or her eligible for higher studies in Lithuania.
- The foreign national should submit proof of sufficient funds.