Everything You Need
To Know About Malta Visa
A Malta Schengen Visa is not required by United Kingdom nationals.
But foreign nationals who reside in the United Kingdom
require a visa to enter Malta. In order to get a Malta visa, the applicants
should initially complete a biometric process at the visa application center.
complete this process, foreign nationals can seek the help of entrusted travel
agencies like Visa Genie.
Depending on the purpose and nature of the trip, authorities
in Malta have classified their visas into several types. Please scroll down to
know more about Malta visas.
Malta tourist visa
As the name indicates, these visas are offered to foreign nationals who enter the country exclusively for tourism-related activities.
Using these visas, a foreign national is not supposed to engage in any other jobs apart from tourism-related activities, and if found violating the rules, they will be compelled to face strict legal consequences.
Please find below the necessary documents required to obtain a Malta tourist visa.
- In order to get a Malta tourist visa, the foreign national should submit the original, signed copy of his or her passport. The passport should have a minimum validity of six months and it should have two blank pages for markings.
- Two passport-sized photographs of the applicant should be submitted. The passport photograph should be taken in a white background, and it should provide the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head, with the face centered in the middle. The applicant should also make sure that these passport-sized photographs are not older than three months.
- It is necessary to submit the ILR Card or proof of residence status.
- The applicant should submit the full version of the itinerary. Please make sure that the itinerary is sent directly by the airline company or travel agency. It should be noted that authorities in Malta will determine the number of entries in your visa based on this itinerary.
- An employment letter from the UK employer should be submitted. This letter should be addressed to the Malta High Commission, and it should be written in the company’s original letterhead. The employment letter should state that the traveler will return to work after completing the Malta trip. If you are self-employed, you can submit the copy of business license or tax return. Retired travelers can submit proof of retirement funds. If the traveler is a school-going child, then it is necessary to submit a letter from the school.
- It is necessary to submit proofs of hotel room booking confirmation.
- The applicant should submit last three months’ bank statement. The bank statement should show a minimum balance of £600, and it should be stamped by the issuing bank.
- It is necessary to submit proof of travel insurance. Please make sure that the travel insurance is issued in the United Kingdom, and it should be valid throughout the Schengen area. It should be also noted that this insurance policy should provide a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergency and repatriation.
- The visa application form should be completed without any queries. If you face any difficulties while completing the application form, you can contact Visa Genie for assistance.
Additional documents required for children who apply for Malta visa
- It is necessary to submit proof of parents’ regular income.
- The applicant should submit his or her birth certificate.
- It is necessary to submit notarized travel consent of parents.
- While visiting the Malta embassy, a parent or legal guardian should be present with the child.
Note: In usual cases, authorities in Malta will send you the visa within 10 to 15 business days after submitting the application. The validity of a Malta tourist visa is three months, and using these travel documents foreign nationals can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days. Please note that multiple entry visas will be issued to foreign nationals at the sole discretion of the Malta embassy.
Malta business visa
Business personals who plan to visit Malta exclusively for business related activities can apply for a Malta business visa.
In order to get these visas, foreign nationals should submit the documents mentioned below.
- The applicant should submit his passport, and it should have a minimum validity of six months. The passport should also have two blank pages for markings. Foreign nationals who hold passport which has a validity of less than six months should renew it before applying for a Malta business visa.
- Two passport-sized photographs should be submitted. These photographs should be taken within the last three months in a white background.
- As the foreign national is residing in the United Kingdom, he or she should submit the original ILR card or the proof of resident status. It should be noted this resident status proof should be valid for at least six months after the traveler leaves Malta.
- It is necessary to submit the full version of the itinerary that shows the exact dates of travel. This itinerary should be sent directly by the airline company or a travel agency. Foreign nationals should understand that the number of entries in visas will be determined by Malta authorities based on this itinerary.
- An employment letter should be submitted, and it should be issued by the traveler’s employer in the United Kingdom. This employment letter should be addressed to the Malta High Commission, and it should state that the foreign national will return to work after completing the trip. If self-employed, you can submit the proof of business license or tax return. Retired persons can submit proofs of retirement funds.
- A business invitation letter from a company in Malta should be submitted. This business invitation letter should explain the purpose of the trip, and should also assure the financial liability of the traveler. This letter should be addressed to the Consulate of Malta, and it should not be older than one month.
- The applicant should submit proof of hotel room booking reservation. This proof should show the name of the foreign national, hotel’s name and the hotel’s address.
- The foreign national should submit bank statements issued in the past three months. These statements should be stamped by the issuing bank, and it should show a minimum balance of £600.
- It is necessary to submit proof of travel insurance issued in the United Kingdom. This travel insurance should be valid throughout the Schengen area, and it should provide a coverage of €30,000 for medical emergencies and repatriation.
Note: The validity of a Malta business visa is three months, and the maximum days a foreign national can stay inside the country is 90 days.
Malta medical visa
Foreign nationals who plan to visit Malta for medical related activities can apply for a medical visa.
Please find below the necessary documents required to get a Malta medical visa.
- In order to get a medical visa, foreign nationals should submit all the documents that are required to obtain a tourist visa.
- The applicant should submit a medical report from a registered medical practitioner in the United Kingdom.
- It is necessary to submit a medical attestation. This medical attestation should confirm the date of the appointment, and should detail the present medical condition of the patient.
- The applicant should submit proof of payment paid to the hospital or clinic in Malta.
- The foreign national should submit proofs of sufficient funds.
Malta visa for spouse and family members
These visas allow spouse and family members of Malta to enter the country.
Scroll down to know more about the documents that should be submitted to procure these visas.
- The applicant should submit all the documents required to obtain a tourist visa.
- The host should submit proof of Malta citizenship.
- If the spouse is traveling to Malta, it is necessary to submit the marriage certificate.
- Malta family book should be submitted.