Everything You Need To Know About Mauritius
of countries included in the European Union do not need a visa to enter Mauritius.
Even though the UK is no longer a part of the European Union, authorities in
Mauritius have decided to continue the visa-exemption status of British
nationals, and as a result, UK citizens do not need a visa to enter Mauritius.
all UK citizens should make sure that they are meeting the below-mentioned
conditions to stay visa-free in Mauritius.
- The passport of the applicant
should be valid, and it should have adequate blank pages.
- It is necessary to hold proof
of sufficient funds.
- It is mandatory to hold proof
of onward/return flight tickets.
- All documents that show the purpose
of the trip should be carried along.
- Before starting the journey,
it is recommended to confirm with the airline that boarding is permitted
without a visa.
After entering in Mauritius, all UK citizens can stay inside the country for a
maximum period of 90 days per entry.
though a visa is not required for a UK national to visit Mauritius, citizens of
countries like Philippines who are now residing in the United Kingdom do need a
visa to enter Mauritius.
Depending on the purpose and the nature of the foreign
national’s visit to Mauritius, authorities have classified their visas into
several types. Please scroll down to know more about different types of
Mauritius tourist visa
As the name indicates, Mauritius issues tourist visas to foreign nationals who intend to visit the country for tourism-related activities.
Foreign nationals can either obtain a visa on arrival, or can obtain a visa via the embassy.
In order to get a Mauritius tourist visa on arrival, foreign nationals should meet the conditions mentioned below.
- It is necessary to hold a passport where the expiry date is beyond the date of stay.
- It is mandatory to hold proof of onward/return flight tickets.
- It is necessary to show proof of sufficient funds, and it should be a minimum of $100 per night stay in Mauritius.
- The traveler should have a confirmed booking of accommodation in Mauritius.
In order to get a visa prior to the travel date, the foreign national should submit the documents mentioned below.
- The passport of the applicant should have a validity of six months and adequate blank pages. This original, signed passport should be submitted before the embassy.
- Two recent passport sized photographs should be submitted. These photographs should be taken in a white background, and it should show the full frontal face of the applicant’s head with the face centered in the middle.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of resident status in the UK.
- The applicant should submit the complete version of the itinerary.
- It is mandatory to submit copy of the hotel room booking reservation confirmation.
- Proof of sufficient funds should be submitted.
- The visa application form should be completed without any errors.
Mauritius business visa
Mauritius business visas are issued to foreign nationals who intend to visit the country for business-related activities like commercial sale trading.
In order to get a Mauritius business visa, foreign nationals should submit the documents mentioned below.
- To get a Mauritius business visa, all foreign nationals should submit his or her original signed passport which has a minimum validity of six months, and adequate visa blank pages.
- Two photographs of the applicant should be submitted, and in these photographs, the traveler should maintain a neutral, non-smiling facial expression.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of resident status in the United Kingdom.
- The applicant should submit proof of confirmed onward/return tickets.
- As a proof of accommodation, all foreign nationals should submit copy of hotel room booking reservation confirmation.
- It is mandatory to submit proof of sufficient funds.
- A business invitation letter from the company in Mauritius should be submitted. This business invitation letter should briefly introduce the applicant, and it should explain the nature and purpose of the foreign national’s trip. The company in Mauritius should also guarantee sufficient funds for the foreign national’s journey.
- The visa application form should be completed without any errors. If you face any queries while completing the application, you can contact Visa Genie, and we will be glad to assist you.