Everything You Need
To Know About Netherlands Visa
As the Netherland is a country that is located in the
Schengen area, British nationals do not need a visa to visit this country.
However, citizens of foreign countries who reside in the United Kingdom needs a
visa to enter the Netherlands.
Since November 20, 2015, all applicants aged above 12 are
supposed to complete a biometric process to obtain a visa to the Netherlands. This
process includes a 10-digit finger scan, and after that authorities will also
take a digital photograph of the applicant.
You can avail the service of Visa
Genie to complete this process, as we will book an appointment for you at the
visa application center to complete this biometric process.
Authorities in Netherlands have classified their visa into
several types based on the traveler’s nature of visit. Scroll down to know more
about different types of Netherlands visa, and the documents that are required
to obtain it.
Netherlands tourist visa
If you are a foreign national who plans to visit Netherlands for tourism-related activities like sight-seeing, you can apply for a tourist visa.
Please find below the necessary documents that should be submitted to obtain a tourist visa.
- The applicant is supposed to submit the original, signed passport which has a validity of six months, and two blank pages. If your passport’s validity is less than six months, make sure that you are renewing it before applying for a Netherlands visa.
- It is necessary to submit two passport-sized photographs taken in a white background. While taking the photographs, the applicant should make sure that he or she is maintaining a neutral facial expression it. It should be also noted that the passport photograph is taken within the last three months.
- The foreign national should submit the ILR card or the proof of resident status. Please make sure that this resident status is valid for at least six months after you return from Netherlands.
- It is necessary to submit the complete itinerary that shows the exact travel date.
- The applicant should submit an employment letter from the UK company. This employment letter should be addressed to the Netherland High Commission, and it should state that the absence of the employee in the company has been granted. The letter should also assure that the foreign national will return to duty after the completion of the Netherlands trip. If the traveler is self-employed, he or she can submit the copy of business license or tax return. Retired people can submit proof of retirement funds.
- The foreign national should submit proof of hotel room booking confirmation. This room booking confirmation should show the name of the traveler, name of the hotel, staying dates, and hotel’s address.
- It is necessary to submit an invitation letter from family members of friends residing in the Netherlands.
- The foreign national should submit copy of last three months’ bank statement.
- It is necessary to submit proof of travel insurance covering the entire Schengen area.
- The visa application form should be completed without any errors. If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact Visa Genie.
Documents that should be submitted while traveling with children
- The birth certificate should be submitted, and it should show the names of both the parents.
- A letter from should school granting leave to the student should be submitted.
- Passport of both the parents should be submitted.
- Notarized consent letter from both the parents should be submitted.
Note: Like all other visas of Schengen countries, Netherlands also offer three months visa validity for foreign nationals. Using these visas, foreign nationals can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days.
Netherlands business visa
If you are a foreign national planning to visit Netherlands for business related activities, he or she can apply for a business visa.
Please find below the necessary documents required to obtain a Netherlands business visa.
- The passport of the foreign national should be submitted. This passport should be signed, and it should have six months validity and two blank pages.
- The applicant should submit two passport-sized photographs. Please make sure that this passport-sized photograph taken in white background is not older than three months.
- It is necessary to submit the ILR card or proof of residence status. Please note that this proof of residence status should be valid for at least six months after the foreign national leaves Netherlands.
- The foreign national should submit the itinerary that shows the dates of travel. Please understand that authorities in the Netherlands will determine the number of entries in your visa based on this itinerary.
- An employment letter should be submitted by the traveler. This employment letter should be addressed to the Netherlands High Commission, and it should state that the traveler will return back to work after completing the Netherlands trip.
- It is necessary to submit a business invitation letter from the company in Netherlands. This business invitation letter should detail the nature and purpose of the trip. The letter addressed to the Consulate of Netherlands, and it should assure the financial liability of the traveler.
- The applicant should submit the hotel room booking reservation. The hotel room booking confirmation receipt should show the name of the traveler, name of the hotel, the address and the dates of stay.
- The foreign national should submit bank statements issued in the past three months. The bank statement should show the name of the traveler, bank transactions and salary. This statement stamped by the issuing bank should show a minimum balance of £600.
- The applicant should submit the proof of travel insurance. This travel insurance should provide coverage throughout the Schengen area, and the minimum coverage offered should be €30,000 for medical emergencies and repatriation.
- The visa application form should be filled without any errors. There are several instances where foreign nationals were denied visas due to errors in visa application form. So, make sure that these forms are completed very carefully. If you face any obstacles, you can contact Visa Genie.
Note: Just like a tourist visa, Netherlands business visa also has three months validity and the maximum days a person can stay inside the country is 90 days per entry.
Netherlands medical visas
If you are a foreign national who plans to visit Netherlands for availing treatment, then you can apply for a medical visa.
Please find below the documents needed to obtain a Netherlands medical visa.
- All documents required to obtain a tourist visa should be submitted.
- A medical report that details the current medical condition of the patient should be submitted.
- It is very much necessary to submit a medical appointment letter from a hospital or clinic in Netherlands.
- The applicant should submit proof of sufficient funds.
- It is also necessary to submit the proof of payment paid to the hospital in Netherlands.
Netherlands visa for spouse and family members
These visas are issued to family members or spouse of Netherlands citizen.
In order to get these visas, foreign nationals should submit the documents mentioned below.
- All foreign nationals should submit documents that are required to obtain a tourist visa.
- If the spouse is traveling, it is a must to submit the marriage certificate.
- It is necessary to submit proof of Netherlands citizenship of the host.
- The applicant should submit Netherlands family book to get these visas.