Everything You Need To Know About A Saint Kitts and Nevis Visa
of British passports do not need a visa to visit St Kitts and Nevis. You are
allowed to stay here for a maximum span of up to 90 days. But this period is
only officially allowed.
Once you arrive at the airport, the immigration
officials will check your purpose of visit and grant a specified period to
stay. If you wish to stay longer, you have to apply for an extension through
the St Kitts and Nevis Immigration Department.
order to qualify for visa exemption, you should hold a British passport which
is valid for a minimum period of 6 months from your date of entry into St Kitts
and Nevis. Not to mention, it should also contain at least 2 blank visa pages.
requirements are similar to other countries that follow the visa-free regime.
You need to carry proof of your travel itinerary in the form of return or
onward tickets. You must also carry sufficient funds to sustain your stay in St
Kitts and Nevis.
is strongly recommended that you check with your booked airline of they allow
boarding without a visa. You must also confirm if your itinerary includes
overseas connecting flights which might need a separate transit visa as per the
specific country’s requirements.
Entry requirements for foreign citizens residing in the UK
If you are staying in the UK on a residence permit or a visa but do not own a British passport, you must check if you need a visa with the St Kitts and Nevis High Commission in London before you travel.
Now, if you do need a visa, you should note that the process of applying for one is pretty simple. The entire procedure is online and you canapply for an Electronic Entry Visa (EEV) that is valid for travel to and entry into the country.
All you need to do is to complete the online application in a single web browser session. For this, you just require to have a valid email address and a valid travel document (e.g. a passport that holds a minimum validity of 6 months).
Once you fill in the required details of your visa request and personal information, you will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application. If the visa is approved, you will get the EEV on your registered ID.
Carry a printout of this document and after you arrive in the country, hand it over to the immigration officials. They will verify the EEV and stamp the actual visa on your passport. Do note that they might ask you to present additional documents in the form of proof for funds, onward/return travel, and purpose of the visit.
Acquiring citizenship in St Kitts and Nevis
There are three primary ways to apply for citizenship in St. Kitts and Nevis, namely:
- Citizenship by Investment
- Citizenship by Descent
- Citizenship by Marriage
Citizenship by Investment (CBI)
Applications for CBI are not handled by the High Commission. You need to lodge an application through this portal.
In order to qualify for CBI, you have to make an investment in St. Kitts and Nevis in a designated, officially approved real estate property that holds a minimum value of US$ 400,000. You can lodge an application through the Citizenship-by-Investment Unit via registered Authorised Persons.
For this purpose you will require:
- Application Form C1 for registration as a citizen
- Photograph and Signature Certificate (Form C2)
- Medical Certificate (Form C3) which includes results of an HIV Test, not older than 3 months
- Certified copies of birth certificate, proof of name change (if applicable), current national ID, valid passport
- A Police Clearance Certificate
- Six recent, passport-size photographs
- Completed Purchase and Sales Agreement of the real estate property in St. Kitts and Nevis
- A minimum of one professional reference in original
- 12 months’ bank statements and an original bank reference letter
- Proof of residential address
- Employment Letter and a certified copy of Business License or Incorporation documents
- A certified copy of marriage certificate/ divorce documents (if applicable)
- Proof of funds for investment in St. Kitts and Nevis
- Affidavit of Financial Support (if the applicant is aged between 18 - 30 years)
- Limited Power of Attorney
Citizenship by Descent
- A copy and an original of a completed application form
- Original and photocopy of parents’/grandparents’ birth certificate and applicant’s birth certificate
- Two passport size photographs
- A health certificate of complete medical check-up
You can lodge an application for Citizenship by Descent at the St. Kitts-Nevis High Commission in London or the Ministry of Homeland Security in Saint Kitts.
Citizenship by Marriage
List of necessary requirements:
- Completed application form -- both in original and photocopy
- Original and copies of spouse’s birth certificate
- Marriage certificate in original and photocopy
- Record of recent, complete medical examination -- both in original and photocopy
You can lodge an application for Citizenship by Marriage at the St. Kitts-Nevis High Commission in London or the Ministry of Homeland Security in Saint Kitts.
UK Emergency Travel Documents
UK Emergency Travel Documents are accepted by the government of St Kitts and Nevis
for entry, airside transit and exit from the country.