Everything You Need To Know About Sao Tome and Principe Visa
All foreign nationals except citizens of visa exempt countries require a visa to enter Sao Tome and Principe. British nationals can stay visa free in Sao Tome and Principe for 15 days.
However, in order to stay visa free, the traveler should meet the conditions mentioned below.
- The passport of the traveler should be valid for six months, and it should have at least one blank visa page for markings.
- The traveler should hold proof of sufficient funds.
- It is necessary to hold documents that show the purpose of the visit.
- Before starting the journey, you should confirm with the airline that boarding is allowed without a visa.
If the British national want to stay in Sao Tome and Principe for a period above 15 days, it will be mandatory to obtain a visa.
British citizens can obtain a visa on arrival after reaching the Sao Tome and Principe entry port. However, visa requirements and restrictions vary greatly if you are trying to obtain a visa on arrival.
Moreover, local immigration officials in Sao Tome and Principe have the rights to deny your entry to the country citing various reasons. Travel experts recommend all British citizens to obtain a visa prior to the departure to travel in a hassle-free manner.
Depending on the purpose and nature of the foreign national’s visit, authorities in Sao Tome and Principe have classified their visas into several types. Please find below the different types of Sao Tome and Principe visas.
Sao Tome and Principe tourist visa
These visas are issued to travelers who intend to visit the country exclusively for tourism related activities.
In order to get a Sao Tome and Principe tourist visa, the applicant should submit all the documents mentioned below.
- The applicant’s actual signed passport should be submitted. While submitting the passport, please ensure that it has a validity of six months, and one blank page. If the passport of the traveler has a validity which is less than six months, it is highly recommended to renew it before submitting the Sao Tome and Principe tourist visa application.
- A passport-sized photograph of the applicant should be submitted. This photograph should show the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head with the face centered in the middle. Please ensure that this photo is taken in a white background within the last six months.
- The applicant should submit copy of confirmed onward/return flight tickets.
- The visa application form should be filled and signed without any errors. If you face any difficulties while completing this application form, you can contact Visa Genie for assistance.
Note: Travelers should understand that these visas are issued only for tourism-related activities. Using these visas, a visitor is not supposed to engage in any kind of other activities. If authorities nab you for violating the rules, you will be compelled to face strict legal consequences.
Sao Tome and Principe business visa
Travelers intending to visit Sao Tome and Principe for business related activities can apply for a business visa.
In order to get a business visa, foreign nationals should submit the documents mentioned below.
- The passport of the traveler should be submitted. This passport should be signed, and it should have a minimum validity of six months. The applicant should also ensure that the passport has at least one blank page.
- A photograph of the applicant should be submitted.
- A business introduction letter issued by the traveler’s company in the United Kingdom should be submitted. This letter should briefly introduce the traveler, and should brief the nature and purpose of the Sao Tome and Principe trip.
- It is necessary to submit onward/return ticket copies to get a Sao Tome and Principe business visa.
- The visa application form should be completed without any errors. In case of any queries, contact Visa Genie.
Sao Tome and Principe transit visa
British nationals do not require a visa to enter Sao Tome and Principe if they are traveling to a different destination via Sao Tome and Principe.
In order to stay visa free, the British national should meet the below mentioned criteria.
- The traveler should ensure that he or she is not leaving the International transit area in the airport.
- It is necessary to continue journey in the same calendar day.
- The passport should be valid.
- It is necessary to hold proof of sufficient funds.
- The traveler should hold proof of onward/return flight tickets.
- It is necessary to hold visa for the next country.
- Before beginning the trip, it is recommended to confirm with the airline company that boarding is allowed without a visa.