Everything You Need To Know About Solomon
nationals who are citizens of Schengen countries do not require a visa to enter
Citizens of these countries can visit Solomon Islands and can
stay inside the country for three months without a visa.
the United Kingdom is not a Schengen country, all British nationals need to
obtain a visa to visit Solomon Islands.
UK citizens can obtain a visa on
arrival from the Solomon Islands entry port, and can stay inside Solomon Islands
for 90 days.
on the purpose and nature of the foreign national’s visit, authorities in
Solomon Island have classified their visas into different types, and the most
noted ones are mentioned below.
Solomon Islands tourist visa
Citizens of the United Kingdom who intend to visit Solomon Islands exclusively for tourism-related activities.
As the name clearly indicates, foreign nationals can use these visas only for tourism purposes, and travelers are not supposed to engage in any other activities while inside Solomon Islands.
Travelers visiting Solomon Islands can obtain a ‘visa on arrival’ from the entry port in the country. In order to get a visa on arrival, foreign nationals should make sure that they are meeting the conditions mentioned below.
- The passport of the applicant should have a minimum validity of six months, and it should also have one blank page for markings.
- It is necessary to hold proof of sufficient funds.
- The traveler should hold copy of onward and return flight tickets, or the full version of the itinerary.
- It is necessary to hold all documents that show the purpose and nature of the trip.
- The applicant should hold all documents necessary for the next destination.
- Before the trip, you should confirm with the airline company that boarding is allowed without a visa, as these rules are subject to change.
Validity of a Solomon Islands tourist visa: Solomon Islands tourist visas are single entry visas which offer a validity of three months. Using these travel documents, foreign nationals can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days per entry, in a year.
Solomon Islands business visa
Business visas are issued to UK nationals who plan to visit Solomon Islands exclusively for business-related activities.
These visas can be also obtained upon arrival at the Solomon Islands entry port. However, to obtain a business visa on arrival, the traveler should submit the below-mentioned documents at the entry port.
- The foreign national visiting Solomon Islands should hold a passport which is valid for six months. The passport should also have one blank page for markings. If your passport has a validity which is less than six months, it is always recommended to renew it before traveling to Solomon Islands.
- The traveler should hold proof of sufficient funds, which substantiates the financial capability of the foreign national.
- It is necessary to hold proof of onward and return flight tickets. The applicant can also carry the completed version of the itinerary.
- The foreign national should hold all documents that prove that nature and purpose of the trip.
- The traveler should hold all the documents required for the next destination.
- You should confirm with the airline that boarding is allowed without a visa, as these rules are subject to change.
The validity of a Solomon Islands business visa is three months, and using these single-entry visas, a foreign national can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 90 days in a year.
Conditions that should be fulfilled while staying in Solomon Islands
Foreign nationals who receive visa on arrival should make sure that they are following the conditions mentioned below while staying inside Solomon Islands.
- The foreign national should make sure that he or she is following the law of the land, and should not behave in a manner prejudicial to peace or good order.
- The traveler is not allowed to engage in any profession or employment in reward while staying inside Solomon Islands. If the foreign national wishes to work inside Solomon Islands, he or she should get a prior approval from the Commissioner of Labor.
- The visitor is not allowed to conduct any religious activities, unless he or she obtain an authorization from the ministry of immigration.
- The foreign national is not supposed to engage in any kind of research activities while inside Solomon Islands. In order to conduct research activities in Solomon Islands, the traveler should obtain a prior approval from the ministry of immigration.
Can I extend my Solomon Islands visa validity?
In some special cases, authorities in Solomon Islands may allow foreign nationals to stay inside the country for more than three months.
However, under special circumstances, provided, a proper justification is given, authorities in Solomon Island will extend the validity of the foreign national’s visa. In order to extend the visa, the traveler should submit a standard extension application form, along with a photo. The applicant should also pay a certain amount of fees to extend the visa.
Special notes: If a foreign national plan to engage in any kinds of works in Solomon Island, he or she should obtain a work permit from the Commission of Labor, and it should be submitted to the Director of Immigration.
In order to get a research permit, the foreign national should obtain a research permit from the education ministry, and it should be later submitted to the ministry of immigration.