You Need To Know About Sweden Visa
of the United Kingdom do not require a visa to enter Sweden. However, if you
are a foreign national from countries like China or Russia, you should apply
for a Sweden visa to enter the country.
nationals planning to enter Sweden should complete a ten-digit fingerprint
scanning. In order to complete this biometric process, the traveler should book
an appointment at the visa application center.
in Sweden have classified their visas into various types depending on the
nature and purpose of the visit.
Please scroll down to know more about various
types of Sweden visas.
Sweden tourist visa
Foreign nationals intending to visit Sweden for tourism related activities can apply for a tourist visa. It should be noted that these visas are exclusively for tourist activities, and using these travel documents, a foreign national is not supposed to engage in any kinds of employment within the country.
If authorities nab you for working inside Sweden without proper documents you will face strict legal consequences.
Please find below the necessary documents that are required to obtain a Sweden tourist visa.
- The applicant should submit his or her original signed passport. Please make sure that the passport has a minimum validity of six months, and two blank pages.
- In order to get a Sweden tourist visa, the applicant should also submit two passport-sized photographs. This passport-sized photograph should not be older than three months, and the traveler should make sure that he or she is maintaining a neutral facial expression in the photograph.
- The applicant who is currently residing in the United Kingdom should provide the proof of status. As a proof of status, the applicant can either submit his or her ILR card, or other proof of residence status. Please note that this proof of resident status is valid for at least six months after completing the Sweden trip.
- The applicant should submit the copy of itinerary that shows the exact dates of travel. Please note that the number of entries granted to a foreign national will be based on the itinerary. It should be also noted that this itinerary should be sent directly by an airline company or travel agent.
- The applicant should submit last three month’s copy of bank statement. Please note that the final balance in the bank statement should not be less than £600.
- It is also necessary to submit proof of hotel room booking confirmation to get a Sweden visa.
- The traveler should submit a letter from his or her employer in the United Kingdom. This employment letter should state that a leave has been granted for the traveler, and he or she will rejoin the company after completing the trip. Please note that this employment letter should be addressed to the Sweden High Commission. Self-employed people applying for a Sweden tourist visa can submit the copy of business license or tax return. If retired, proof of retirement funds can be submitted.
- It is necessary to submit the travel insurance of the applicant. This travel insurance must be issued in the United Kingdom, and it should show the name of the applicant. The travel insurance should provide coverage throughout the complete Schengen area territory, and the minimum coverage for medical repatriation and emergency should be €30,000.
- The Sweden tourist visa application form should be completed without any errors.
Note: Sweden tourist visas offer both single and multiple entry privileges to foreign nationals. The validity of these visas is valid for three months. Using this travel document, foreign nationals can visit and stay inside Sweden for a maximum period of 90 days per entry.
Sweden business visa
Foreign nationals who are currently residing in the United Kingdom can apply for business visas if they are planning to visit the country for business-related operations.
In order to get a Sweden business visa, foreign nationals should submit the documents mentioned below.
- The foreign national should submit the original, signed passport which has at least six months validity and two blank pages for markings.
- Two passport-sized photographs should be submitted. These photographs should be taken within the last three months in a white background.
- Foreign nationals residing in the United Kingdom should submit the ILR card or proof of resident status in the UK. Please ensure that this proof of resident status has a validity of six months after completing the Sweden trip.
- Full version of the itinerary should be submitted. This itinerary should be sent directly by an airline company or travel agent. Please note that authorities in Sweden will determine the number of entries in your visa based on this itinerary.
- The applicant should submit hotel room booking reservation details.
- The traveler should submit last three months bank statement, and it should show a minimum balance of £600.
- A letter from the traveler’s UK employer should be submitted, and it should assure that the company has granted a leave, and the traveler will return to work after the trip. The employment letter should be addressed to the Sweden High Commission. Self-employed travelers should submit proof of business license or tax return. If the traveler is retired, he or she can submit proof of retirement funds.
- In order to get a Sweden business visa, an invitation letter from the host company should be submitted. The business letter from the company in Sweden should detail the nature and purpose of the trip, and the company in Sweden should also guarantee the financial responsibility of the traveler. This letter which should not be older than one month should be addressed to the Consulate of Sweden.
- A travel insurance issued in the United Kingdom should be submitted. Please note that this travel insurance is valid throughout the Schengen area, and it is offering a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergency and repatriation.
- The Sweden business visa application form should be completed without any kind of errors.
Sweden medical visa
Foreign nationals who plan to carry out their treatment in Sweden can apply for a medical visa. In order to get these visas, it is mandatory to submit all the documents that are required to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this, applicants should also provide the below-mentioned documents.
- A medical report issued by a registered medical practitioner in the United Kingdom should be submitted.
- A medical attestation from a hospital or doctor in Sweden should be submitted. This medical attestation should detail the condition of the patient, along with the confirmation of appointment dates.
- The foreign national should submit the proof of payment made to the hospital in Sweden.
Sweden visa for spouse and family members of Swedish citizens
Spouse and family members of Swedish citizens can make use of this visa to visit the country.
Please find below the documents that are required to obtain these visas.
- All documents required to get a tourist visa should be submitted.
- It is very much necessary to submit the proof of citizenship of the host in Sweden.
- If the spouse of the Swedish host is traveling to Sweden, it is mandatory to submit the marriage certificate.
- Swedish family record book that shows the name of the traveler and host should be submitted.