Everything You Need To Know About
nationals from countries of Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo,
Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Nigeria do not require a visa to enter Cameroon. Citizens
of these countries can enter Cameroon and can stay there for 90 days without a
United Kingdom is not a visa-exempt nation, all British nationals need a visa
to visit Cameroon. Depending on the nature and purpose of the foreign traveler’s
trip, authorities in Cameroon have classified their visa to several types.
For all types of visas, it is necessary to submit proof of International
certificate for Yellow Fever Vaccination.
find below the different types of Cameroon visa, and the documents that are
needed to obtain these visas.
name clearly indicates, Cameroon issues tourist visas to foreign nationals who
plan to enter the country for tourism-related activities. It should be noted
that these visas are exclusively issued for tourism purposes, and using these
travel documents, foreign nationals are not allowed to engage in any other kind
Please find below the documents that are needed to obtain a
Cameroon tourist visa.
- The passport of the foreign national should be
submitted. This passport should have six months validity, and it should also
have one blank page for markings. If your passport has less than six months
validity, the applicant should initially review it before submitting the
application to obtain a Cameroon tourist visa.
- The foreign national should submit two photos
of the applicant. These passport-sized photographs should be taken in a
white background. These photographs should not be less than six months
old, and it should show the full-frontal view of the applicant’s head with
the face centered in the middle.
- It is necessary to submit the proof of residence
status in the United Kingdom. While submitting the residence status proof,
the applicant should make sure that it has a minimum validity of three
months after returning from Cameroon.
- The applicant should submit copy of full
version of the itinerary.
- It is necessary to submit the hotel room
booking reservation details. Please note that the hotel room booking
reservation slip contains the name of the applicant, name of the hotel and
- The foreign national is supposed to submit the
copy of International certificate for Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- If coming from a cholera affected area, the applicant
should submit cholera vaccination certificate.
- The applicant should submit the copy of travel
insurance that covers the whole period of stay in Cameroon.
- In order to show proof of sufficient funds,
applicants should submit the copy of recent bank statements.
the foreign national is visiting a friend or family member in Cameroon,
applicants can submit the documents mentioned below instead of the hotel room
- It is necessary to submit an official letter of
invitation approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cameroon.
- The applicant should submit the ID card of the
host person in Cameroon.
- Two Cameroon tourist visa application forms
should be completed and submitted. If you face any queries, do not
hesitate to contact Visa Genie.
personals who intend to visit Cameroon can apply for a business visa. Using
these visas, foreign nationals can enter the country and can engage in business
activities including commercial sale trading.
In order to get a Cameroon
business visa, foreign nationals should submit the below-mentioned documents.
- The original, signed passport of the applicant
should be submitted. This passport should have a validity of six months
and at least one blank page for markings.
- The applicant should submit two passport-sized
photographs taken in a white background. Please note that these
photographs should be taken within the last six months.
- As the applicant is residing in the United
Kingdom, it is necessary to submit the proof of resident status. Please
note that this proof of resident status is valid for at least three months
after returning from Cameroon.
- It is
necessary to submit the full version of the itinerary. While submitting
the itinerary, applicants should make sure that it is being issued
directly by a travel agent or airline company.
- The applicant should submit an employment
letter from the company in which he or she works in the United Kingdom. The
foreign national should note that this letter is being addressed to the
Consulate of Cameroon.
- The foreign national should submit an
invitation letter approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cameroon.
- The traveler should submit a copy of International
Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
- If coming from an affected area, the applicant
should submit a cholera vaccination certificate.
- Details of travel insurance which is valid
throughout Cameroon should be submitted.
- Two Cameroon business visa application forms
should be submitted. There are several previous instances where foreign
nationals were denied visa due to errors in filling visa application form.
So, make sure that you are not committing any errors while filling it. In
case of any queries, please contact Visa Genie.
nationals do not need a visa while transiting through Cameroon. However,
foreign nationals should abide the below-mentioned rules to transit without a visa.
- The applicant’s passport should be valid, and
it should have one blank page.
- The foreign national should make sure that he
or she is staying inside the transit area of the airport.
- The traveler should hold proof of sufficient
- It is necessary to hold all the documents
required to visit the next destination.
- The applicant should confirm with the airline
that boarding is permitted without a visa.
applicant is not meeting the criteria mentioned above, it is necessary to
obtain a visa to enter Cameroon. You can contact Visa Genie for any kind of
to get a Cameroon Seaman visa, foreign nationals should submit the documents
- Passport of the applicant which is valid for at
least six months and a single blank page should be submitted.
- Two photographs of the applicant should be
submitted. In the photograph, applicants should make sure that he or she
is neither wearing spectacles nor a headwear except for religious
- It is necessary to submit a business
introduction letter issued by the traveler’s UK employer.
- A letter of invitation issued by the host in
Cameroon should be submitted. This letter should detail the purpose of the
journey. The dates of travel mentioned in the invitation letter should match
with the business introduction letter issued by the traveler’s UK employer.
- It is
necessary to submit proof of travel arrangements, and it can be copies of
onward and return tickets.
- The applicant should submit copy of travel insurance.
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate should be
- If the foreign national is coming from a
country where cholera is affected, the traveler should submit a cholera
- If the traveler is working for an oil company,
it is a must to submit a copy of the Societe Nationale Hydrocarbon (SNH).
- Two copies of the visa application form should
nationals applying for a Seaman visa can request for both single and double entry
travel documents. The validity of these visas will be either three month or six
months, and the maximum days a foreign national can stay inside the country for
issues journalist visas to media personals who plan to visit the country for
official purposes. In order to get a journalist visa, foreign nationals should
submit all the documents required to obtain a tourist visa.
Apart from this
usual documentation, applicants should also submit the set of additional
documents mentioned below.
- It is necessary to submit the written details
of the journalistic project that will be carried out by the foreign
national during his or her stay in Cameroon.
- It is necessary to submit details of all equipment
taken to Cameroon.
- Applicants should also submit a sponsor letter
from the traveler’s employer.
offers both single and multiple entry visas to foreign nationals. These visas
offer a validity of three and six months, and using these travel documents, UK citizens
can stay inside the country for a maximum period of 30 days.